Montag, 20. März 2017

Palmenhaus Schönbrunn

Dear readers,
this weekend I visited the Palmenhaus Schönbrunn. Since it is a very lovely place to be and not far from where I work, I bought an annual ticket and plan to visit the Palmenhaus more often this year. 
Besides many other plants, visitors can enjoy a beautiful camellias and azaleas collection at this time of the year. I personally liked the variegated camellias the most. Hope you enjoy looking at the pictures I took!






























Amorphophallus konjac looks quite peculiar I think






























Vanilla orchid










































a bit of spring

































camellia blooms beautifully arranged in vases






I absolutely love these variegated camellia blooms




I also loved these camellia paintings

































The Palmenhaus from the outside



                                                                      Best wishes,
                                                                             Lisa

4 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Lisa, gosh, I just love these old glasshouses! The outside is just as beautiful as the inside. Lucky you that you live close to this one, so that you can visit it on your way coming from work.
    After roses camellias are one of my favorite flowers, so I truly enjoyed seeing so many different varieties. We can grow them here outside and I have two white ones in my own garden, but they haven't been doing too well through our five years of drought.
    I also love palms and there are many beautiful specimen in this glasshouse!
    Really enjoyed your post!
    Warm regards,
    Christina

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Dear Christina,
      I am glad you liked the post! I too love old greenhouses. I have been wishing to have my own greenhouse since I was a child. Who knows, maybe one day my wish becomes true. Great to hear that camellias are one of your favourite flowers. I remember you saying that you had more rain this year, so maybe your camellias will do better this year! I would also like to have a camellia plant, but I think it is not such a good idea in my climate. I guess if I had a heated greenhouse it would´t be a problem to overwinter them. Unfortunately I don´t and neither do I have a cold, bright room where non-hardy plants can stay over winter. I think it is great that your climate allows you to have non-hardy plants such as camellias and palms in your garden. If I were to live in your climate I would certainly cultivate some too, but for now I have to visit Schönbrunn to enjoy their beauty.
      Best wishes,
      Lisa

      Löschen
  2. Dear Lisa, I can picture you in a ball gown walking through this old palmhouse. It must have been beautiful with all these elegant ladies! I like the structure of these glass houses. Did not know there was a palm hous in Schönbrunn too. Thanks for sharing. Groetjes Hetty

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Dear Hetty,
      thank you for your nice comment!
      Best wishes,
      Lisa

      Löschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...