Dienstag, 15. August 2017

Garden Bloggers´ Bloom Day- August 2017

                                                                     Dear readers,
I wish you all a happy Garden Blogger´s Bloom Day - August 2017! In today´s post I am sharing some pictures of the plants that bloom in my garden at the moment. It has been unusually hot and dry this summer and many of my plants have been suffering. Nevertheless, there are some plants, which are doing well at the moment. I am especially happy with the my cosmos plants. I grew them from seed early in spring and they have been blooming beautifully for some time now. I am also sharing some rose pictures of the roses that flower at the moment as well as some other plants. I hope you too enjoy some blooms in your gardens at the moment. If so you might also want to participate in Garden Blogger´s Bloom Day hosted by Carol from May Dreams Gardens. Here the link of Carol´s blog: http://www.maydreamsgardens.com
Have a lovely week!
Lisa

Rosa Mme Boll

Rosa Jacques Cartier

Rosa Jacques Cartier






Rosa Blue Perfume
















Rosa Rosarium Uetersen


Rosa Rosarium Uetersen


Rosa Reine des Violettes










Rosa Harlow Carr


Pelargonium Apple Blossom




My catmint blooming for the second time this year






Pelargonium Speckler´s Rainer


Pelargonium Kathleen Zoe


Pelargonium Milllfield Rose
Pelargonium Millfield Rose




Sweat peas: I grew many sweat peas from seed this year. Unfortunately they aren´t doing well as they are suffering from the extreme heat this summer.




I cut some roses for inside.


Rosa Gertrude Jekyll and Rosa Rosarium Uetersen




Rosa Kathleen Harrop


Rosa Mary Rose

10 Kommentare:

  1. Your blooms are all so beautiful, especially the roses. I love how you have brought them inside to enjoy. Happy Bloom Day!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks for your kind comment, Lee!
      Happy Bloom Day!

      Löschen
  2. You have so much pink! How fun. It's like a color study.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you for commenting, Rebecca. Yeah, I love pinks in my garden!
      Best wishes,
      Lisa

      Löschen
  3. Hi Lisa, I enjoyed seeing the blooms flowering in your garden right now, especially the roses! You have some quite beautiful pelargoniums of which the variety 'Millfield Rose' really stole my heart.
    It is so much fun cutting roses to bring them indoors and your little vases filled with exquisite roses are so darling. They brought a smile to my face!
    Warm regards,
    Christina

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Dear Christina,
      yeah, Millfield Rose is great! I first heard about pelargoniums with rosebuds two years ago-there was an article about them in a garden magazine and I too fell in love with Millfield rose. It took me some time to get the variety as it is not offered in the usual garden store, at least not here in Austria. However, this year I found a pelargonium shop in Germany selling it and I ordered Millfield Rose as well as some other varieties.
      Regarding the roses in vases, I like them too, but unfortunately they wilt very quickly when inside.
      Best wishes,
      Lisa

      Löschen
  4. Some of the roses you showed today are on my list: mme Boll and Jacques Cartier. In autumn I will plant them. The cosmos looks fantastic. They are so useful for flower bouquets . Groetjes Hetty

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Dear Hetty,
      I am sure you will be happy with Mme Boll and Jacques Cartier. They are both great roses!
      Best wishes,
      Lisa

      Löschen
  5. Hi Lisa, passing by to see her beautiful flowers.
    Good week.
    Janicce

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...