Dienstag, 20. Juni 2017

Orchard House Garden


Dear readers,
today I´d like to show you the wonderful garden of Orchard House by Mr and Mrs Lerwill. The  owners bought the garden in 2005 and it is opened through the National Gardens Scheme on selected days in summer. For me this was one of the most beautiful gardens of my journey so far. It was such a lovely experience to be guided through the garden by Mrs Jeanette Lerwill. I felt very touched (had to hold back tears) when I walked through her garden as I felt Mrs Lerwill´s passion and love for plants when she talked about her garden. I think it is lovely to get to know both a garden and its owners. For me visiting a private garden feels so different to visiting a public garden. Today, our group also went to Sissinghurst, which was no question an amazing garden,  but nevertheless I felt more touched by this lovely private garden as the whole group was infected by Mrs Lerwill´s enthusiasm. This might also be the reason why I was a bit disappointed when I looked at the pictures, I took of the garden, later in my hotel room. They don´t seem to give the garden full justice as I could´t capture this enthusiasm in the pictures. Nevertheless, I hope you will enjoy the pictures! 
The garden is divided  into several lovely garden areas. Bees are especially important to Mrs Lerwill and thus she grows a large variety of bee friendly plants. It was a pleasure strolling through the pretty cottage garden and herbaceous borders as well as the pottage with vegetables, fruits and flowers. Mrs Lerwill seems to have a great eye for detail. I loved her great varieties of plants, how they are arranged in different pots, growing in different ways-just lovely.
Have a nice day!
Best wishes,
Lisa



































































Rosa The Fairy












































































































































































 Mrs Jeanette Lerwill´s  plant nursery


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...