as you might remember from a previous post, about three weeks ago I took some cuttings from roses in the hope that they would root and establish into rose plants one day. When I was looking at my cuttings this week I was very happy to find roots on three of my cuttings. Unfortunately I lost many of my other cuttings due to rotting, maybe the substrate was too wet, but as long as some cuttings make it I am more than happy. There are still about 20 cuttings, which haven´t yet rooted, but which still look healthy and I am hoping that at least some of them will still develop roots.
Since I took the cuttings from rosebushes at the Hermesvilla, also see post Hermesvilla and its beautiful roses, I don´t know the names of the roses, but maybe I can identify them once they bloom for me. Here are some pictures of the cuttings that have rooted.
As I was very happy with my small success in rooting rose cuttings, I took some new cuttings last Friday, using a different, better drained substrate. We´ll see how it goes! Please let me know in the comments whether you have ever tried to root rose cuttings and what your experiences were.
Wishing you all a lovely day!